With feminist values, the Center for Women's Global Leadership strengthens and bridges voices for human rights towards social justice and self-determination. Working at the intersection of gender, human rights and economic policy, CWGL utilizes an intersectional approach when implementing its strategies for transformation.
Here's what we've been up to lately
- Visiting Global Associate (VGA) Opening: Are you a talented media professional and editor with a strong interest in women's rights? Apply here to be our next VGA by Dec. 3, 2018.
- Feminist Advocacy for Women's Rights through the UN Course: Join us Spring 2019 for our course taught by Professor Radhika Balakrishnan, on the practice of feminist advocacy on behalf of women’s human rights, especially as seen at the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW).
- Global Feminist Journeys: we're celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Vienna Tribunal for Women's Human Rights & UN World Conference on Human Rights. Learn about this time in the women's rights movement & other initiatives on our #globalfeministjourneys timeline!
- UN Independent Expert on foreign debt: we co-organized a side event to discuss the IE on foreign debt thematic report on the impact of austerity measures on women's human rights
- Side event: Gender Dimensions of Contemporary Forms of Slavery and Trafficking in Persons: Our Executive Director, Krishanti Dharmaraj, was part of a panel session about the gender dimensions of contemporary forms of slavery and trafficking in persons.