- October 30, 2014 (3:30-5pm): Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at Debt, Power, and Crisis: Social Stratification and the Inequitable Governance of Financial Markets, New Delhi, India
- October 28, 2014 (3:30pm): Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at Using Human Rights to Assess Economic Policy, New Delhi, India
- October 27, 2014 (1:30-5pm): Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at Rethinking Economic Policy: The Radical Potential of Human Rights, New Delhi, India.
- September 2-3, 2014: Executive Director Radhika Balakrishnan participated in Rights-based governance beyond borders: The role of extraterritorial human rights obligations (ETOs), Bangkok, Thiland.
- May 19-21, 2014: Radhika Balakrishnan and Affiliate James Heintz conducted a two-day training on macroeconomic policy and human rights for the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights staff, Geneva, Switzerland
- May 12-16, 2014: Radhika Balakrishnan and Affiliate James Heintz spoke at the Section 5 Committee Meeting, "Human Rights, Gender and Macro-Economic Policy," South African Human Rights Commission.
- April 5-6, 2014: Radhika Balakrishnan participated in "Fostering Inclusive Participation and Effective Contribution of Arab Women in the Public Sphere," Regional Consultation Meeting on Gender Equity in the Arab Region, The Hashemite Kingdom, Jordan.
- April 1-3, 2014: Radhika Balakrishnan participated in a three-day regional seminar on Gender in Conflict and Emergency, Amman, Jordan.
- March 3,2014: Radhika Balakrishnan served as the keynote speaker for Feminist Advocacy in the United Nations, Universidad Metropolitana, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- February 5, 2014: Radhika Balakrishnan moderated the Briefing on the Global Thematic Consultation on Governance and the Post-2015 Development Framework, Trusteeship Council Chamber, United Nations Headquarters, New York, NY.
- December 13, 2013: Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at
Human Rights at the Core of Sustainable and Just Development
, United Nations Conference Room Trusteeship Council Chamber, New York, NY.
- December 6-8, 2013: Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at the US Human Rights Network's biannual national conference, Advancing Human Rights 2013: Dignity. Justice. Action., Atlanta, Georgia.
- December 4-5, 2013: Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at "Challenges and Achievements in the Implementation of the Millennium Development Goals for Women and Girls: The Road Ahead," Stakeholders’ Forum. Conference Building, United Nations Headquarters, New York, NY. Concept Note.
- October 21-24, 2013: Radhika Balakrishnan co-chaired an expert group meeting (EGM) on "Structural and policy constraints in achieving the MDGs for women and girls." Mexico City, Mexico.
- September 27, 2013: Radhika Balakrishnan participated in the workshop
Democracy v. A Global Economy: New Challenges and Threats
, Columbia University, New York, NY.
- September 24, 2013: Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at Visions and Voices for Human Rights: Integrating Human Rights into the Post-2015 Agenda. Conference Room 7, New Lawn Building, United Nations, New York, NY.
- May 30, 2013 (1-3pm): Radhika Balakrishnan presented at the 23rd session of the
UN Human Rights Council on the Universal Periodic Review (UPR) & Violence Against Women and Girls
, Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.
- February 27, 2013 (12-1pm): Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at the
Internal Seminar on Macro-Economic Policy and Women
, 4th Floor, Board Room, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- September 20, 2012 (12-3pm): Rutgers Professor and CWGL Executive Director Dr. Radhika Balakrishnan Selected to Moderate Panel at the 21st Session of the United Nations Human Rights Council, Geneva, Switzerland.
- December 5, 2011 (10am-1pm): Radhika Balakrishnan spoke at People at the Centre: Human Rights in Global Economics and Development, A Discussion in Commemoration of the 25th Anniversary of the UN Declaration on the Right to Development, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, Conference Room E, North Lawn Building, UN Headquarters, NY. Click here for video of Executive Director Radhika Balakrishnan's presentation.
- February 16, 2011 (12:30-2pm): Brown Bag Seminar with Prof. Radhika Balakrishnan: Rethinking Macro Economic Strategies from a Human Rights Perspective, The Poverty Group of the Bureau for Development Policy, New York, NY.
- September 22, 2010 (12-2:30pm): Radhika Balakrishnan, served as rapporteur for the roundtable on poverty and hunger at the 2010 UN Private Sector Forum on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), United Nations Headquarters, New York, NY.
- September 21, 2010: Radhika Balakrishnan participated in a BBC World News television channel special edition of The World Debate programme on the Millennium Development Goals at the United Nations, New York, NY.