Program Intern: General & Public Policy Research
The Center for Women’s Global Leadership (CWGL) welcomes applications from highly motivated individuals interested in a world where human rights for all are respected and enjoyed. The Program Intern will assist in the Center’s work in ending gender-based violence through a combination of general and policy-related research.
Encouraged to apply are graduate students and well qualified Junior and Senior year undergraduates for an internship with CWGL for Fall 2019. This internship will have the student work on projects and assignments which may include one or more of the following activities:
- Conducting and compiling general research and policy-related research on gender-based discrimination and violence, as well as other areas relating to women’s human rights.
- Monitoring and reporting on related global and national issues, current events and publications and creating resources.
- Developing written and visual materials to complement CWGL’s program initiatives.
- Providing administrative and logistical support to initiatives including relevant events and meetings in support of the Executive Director.
- Demonstrated interest (academic, extracurricular, previous jobs) in feminist advocacy, social justice, gender equality, and public policy.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and assume responsibility for multiple projects.
- Able to engage in independent learning, growth, and exploration of topics and issues related to the work of the Center, able to take initiative and have a quick understanding of complex issues.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience and/or understanding of human rights research and advocacy with a gender lens.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Academic area in public policy, political science, sociology, international relations, gender studies, or related field
- Visual communications experience and familiarity with social media platforms.
Proficiency in a second language is an asset, but not required. Interns should be able to spend a minimum of 15-20 hours a week in the office. This is a paid internship.
How to Apply: