Rutgers Professor and CWGL Executive Director Dr. Radhika Balakrishnan Selected to Moderate Panel at the 21st Session of the United Nations Human Rights Council
Dr. Radhika Balakrishnan, executive director of CWGL and Professor in the School of Arts and Sciences, Rutgers University, was asked by the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights to moderate a panel discussion on women’s economic, social, and cultural rights at the 21st session of the Council in Geneva, Switzerland on September 20, 2012 from 12-3pm (CET).
The three hour panel was transmitted live on the Human Rights Council website, the recording can be found here: http://webtv.un.org/watch/panel-discussion-on-gender-integration-23rd-meeting-human-rights-council/1851728583001/
Panel discussion details:
- Chair: HE Laura Dupuy Lasserre, President of the Human Rights Council
- Moderator: Ms Radhika Balakrishnan, Executive Director, Center for Women’s Global Leadership, Rutgers University
- Opening statement: Mr Bacre Ndiaye, Director, Human Rights Council and Treaties Division, OHCHR
- Mr Moez Doraid, Director, Coordination Division, UN Women
- Fatima Duarte, President, Portuguese Commission for Citizenship and Gender Equality
- Ms Leilani Farha, Director, Center for Equality Rights in Accommodation
- Ms Pregs Govender, Deputy Chair, South African Human Rights Commission
- Ms Magdalena Sepulveda, UN Special Rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights (tbc)
For more information, see pdf press release.