Building Coalitions and Strengthening Capacities
Building on our history and the unique role we play in the global women’s movement, CWGL will continue to facilitate coalitions and strengthen capacity around those urgent issues that are critical for policy reform at the international and national levels. For over two decades CWGL has successfully built relationships and partnered with diverse women’s organizations globally. The Center worked collaboratively to develop coalitions, campaigns, working groups, and other formal and informal arrangements that made progress towards the realization of gender equality at the international and national levels.
The primary strategies we employ are to:
- Organize and disseminate cutting edge feminist research in the area of human rights to broaden and deepen the capacity of women leaders and social justice organizations to analyze, comment on, and create alternatives to policies shaping the lives of women and girls;
- Build the capacities of women’s and social justice organizations to better facilitate policy and structural changes across countries, cultures, religions and generations;
- Work closely with feminist leaders to mobilize their organizations and partners to influence policies at the international and national levels;
- Collaborate closely with feminist leaders to advocate for structural changes at the international and national levels; and
- Connect and convene women organizations and other stakeholders for policy reform at the international and national levels.